Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm up at this hour because I am trying to keep the Tar Heels from losing another game to the so called big 10.

So...I will tell you about our 2011 Christmas tree.

It is really the most beautiful tree ever! No kidding this time. I know that I said we put every ornament we had on the tree two years ago, but I lied. This year EVERY ORNAMENT that is not broken is on this big fat tree!

Our tree is a history of our family's Christmas throughout the years.

 Ornaments made by Emily and Brinkley at Mount Bethel Elementary...

A beautiful ball Pat and I bought on our honeymoon...
Butterfly ornaments that Emily gave us one year. She had noticed that Pat always gave me butterflies. And several additions this year; retro ones much like the ones that have been saved from my childhood tree.
Of course Alonzo our Christmas Elf is always the first to appear every year. No one is quite sure where he stays all year but he is right there as soon as the tree goes up. According to the notes that he leaves each year he lives at the North Pole.
Angels that my Dad had coming from the top of the tree down into the fairy land under the tree still survive. I think it may have been 1955.

No comments: