Saturday, November 26, 2011

Things I am not thankful for...

...don't get me wrong, I am still thankful for all the great things in my life, but really, there are some annoying things about thanksgiving.

The arguments and hard feelings that accompany the annual decision regarding who sits at the "kids table".

The never ending search for the perfect cornbread dressing recipe. You would think I would have found it by now.

The help lines to call about cooking a turkey. Just put the thing in a pan and throw it in the oven for crying out loud.

No wine really goes with all the different butter laden dishes.

The national dog show...I do not understand why the women who run with their dogs wear the homeliest shoes. YOUR FEET ARE ON TV!!

TV reporters at airports reporting the crowds. It's old and we know there are crowds.

The decorations that accompany the holiday are butt ugly! Turkeys are gross and Pilgrims are grim.

Thanksgiving is not Christmas and there should be no Christmas decorations until after the big meal.

BLACK FRIDAY is the worst of all things associated with this day of gorging. Shootings at malls, pepper spray in stores, pushing, and total rudeness mark this ridiculous exercise in free market capitalism.

There! Now on to decorating everything in my world!

No comments: