Friday, April 24, 2009

It's another beautiful day and while Pat worked at the office I was off to my hair place, DB Sutton's on Franklin Street. It is the greatest salon. My person is Rachel who just had a baby and she is adorable. Reading material is comprised of the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, News & Observer, and the Daily Tarheel....forget catching up on celebrity gossip at DB's. You have to go down the street to NailTrix for that. There are always fresh flowers in the shop and you are offered something to drink upon arriving. DB (David) is a Democrat and during the election Obama "things" were tastefully displayed. And oh, they have hired Emily for the Summer.

Next door to DB's is the Mediterranean Deli which is wonderful...While I was waiting for Pat to join me for lunch, Tyler Hansborough came in to get some takeout just like any other person....no one made a deal. We ate out on the sidewalk and this time it did feel like Europe since Chapel Hill does not have a Wash & Fold and hides all the trailers.

Birds have nested on our deck as usual (I wonder if they came all the way from Jackson's Creek?) and I am obsessed with planting things.

No heavy thoughts today...

No comments: