Wednesday, April 29, 2009

There is a fundraising event going on in the "Pitt"...the Pittpolice are stopping EVERYBODY on 15-501 going any speed over the limit and giving them a ticket. They must have given a million tickets in the last month. The pOOOOlice need money to get their own place, they are tired of working in the little city hall.

One of the hotspots here is the Food Lion which is located on "the other side" of the "Pitt". I can tell you it does not resemble my Publix in East Cobb but gives me many laughs. There is an entire isle with smokeless tobacco products...there are things in the meat counter I cannot identify...I could not find dental floss...Remember pecan swirls? They have them....I thought they had been banned by the FDA. 80% of the frozen food section is filled with tater tots. It is often difficult to understand anyone who works there, so best not to have to ask a question. This morning there was a very strange guy operating some sort of large floor cleaner that sounded like a 747 and was emitting exhaust. I always feel like a snob when I head the other way and drive 10 miles to the Harris Teeter.

No comments: