Thursday, April 16, 2009

Updates

My little computer has been at computer hospital forever and I have been taking a real estate class for the past two weeks so....no posts. They really expect you to know things in NC if you want to sell homes. OMG I had to do a HUD statement all by myself. So much for that, though I have to take 2 more classes. We will probably have to solve the economic crisis in one of them.

Lets see, what's been happening in the "Pitt"? Well for one the Home Owner's Association (of which I am NO longer a member) closed the basketball court because of "an incident". No two people have the same story about this incident, but it had something to do with kids from outside the neighborhood. It has caused quite an uproar....remember there is no real basketball so people have to do something.

Speaking of basketball, they have replaced the huge Franklin Street sign in Chapel Hill that was torn down and used to ferry two girls around the night of the VICTORY. Franklin Street seems to have returned to normal.

The liquor by the drink (mixed beverage referendum) vote is coming up soon and the City Tap is getting everyone on board!!! Toot toot! I will let you know the outcome.

All the Farmer's Markets have opened and there were tons of neighbors who walked to our little market up at the "fairgrounds" this afternoon. Weather is wonderful and I felt like I lived in Europe (except for the trailers and the wash and fold).

All of you must see our yard...it is getting to be absolutely beautiful. We are getting really good about ignoring our neighbor's mess. No, he has made no progress and I have come to the conclusion that he never will. We have planted things that will grow tall and one day we will not be able to see any of it. The frog in the pond has mutiplied and I think there are perhaps 25 frogs now. I am not sure how to count but my brother is sure he can. Jan, we have blue birds too!

We had another sale last week and have picked up 2 listings. Slowly but surely things are moving. If all of you would move here we could sell you homes!!!! "Nothing could be finer that to be in Carolina"

No comments: